On your Flower Dissection Lab, draw an example of each item #10-14 as seen under a high power microscope (i.e. Scanning Electron Microscope, Scanning Tunneling Electron Microscope)
Lily like the example flower provided by Mrs. Fischer in class: http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artoct08/bj-peru.html
Did you use a different flower? They might have it on this page (once on the link, you click on the flower's photo to get more details about the flower) : http://microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/bj-flowers.html
Additional images of pollen for #18 (select one picture to sketch): http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/journal/view-image.htm?gid=10088
Go to the following links in the order listed. Once you have completed the links, you may start the MI high interactive which is below the links. Below each link is a statement to copy onto the back of your binder paper & complete.
1. For moss to reproduce sexually it requires ______ to transport sperm to eggs.
2. The sporophyte generation of a moss is ____ & produces spores. (hint: answer is either diploid or haploid)
Life cycle of gymnosperm: http://img.sparknotes.com/figures/9/9f79f1dbce762884bf644e4ac8450061/gymnospermlifecycle.gif
3. In the gymnosperm, the male cone is called a _____, the female cone is called a ____.
How seeds travel: http://www2.bgfl.org/bgfl2/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks2/science/plants_pt2/dispersal.htm
4. Some plants reproduce using seeds, which must move from the plant to a new location. To move the seed, some plants rely on the wind, ____, ____, ____. Coconuts use ___ to move, while dandelions use ___, and apples ______________________________. Some plants have their seeds catch a ride on an animal like cattails, burdocks and ______.
Life cycle of angiosperm: http://www.sumanasinc.com/webcontent/animations/content/angiosperm.html
5. A plant that has a ___ is an angiosperm which means ________. Inside the flower, the carpel is made up of ____________________________________, and is the female part of the plant. Meiosis takes place in the _____ and ____ of the flower. The pollen grain carries ______ and enter through the pollen tube. A seed is formed which will g_________ later.
*Parts of an angiosperm: http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/vtc/plant_repro/eng/Introduction/activity1pop.htm
6. Draw and label the reproductive parts of an angiosperm.
*= this is a site from the United Kingdom, the flower parts they emphasize are a little different.
MI interactive on parts of a flower & zaping seeds before they spread: (Turn in your packet with the 4 pages of of flower related work paper before doing the interactive below)